- The scientific and technical program of the congress is currently being developed, but numerous contributions from French, European and international researchers are already expected on various themes such as:
- The health of bees and their environment, key issues for European beekeeping.
- The use and authorizations of pesticides as well as the various bans on neonicotinoids will of course be widely discussed.
- The effects of global warming on colonies and honey production.
- The honey market with the thorny issue of honey adulteration and fraudulent honey imports.
- The fight against the invasive hornet species Vespa velutina which is now invading many European countries.
- Pollination and honey flora.
- Technical conferences and workshops will also be planned.
OFFICIAL INAUGURATION PLANNED FOR FRIDAY OCTOBER 20, 2022 AT 11 AM
The Union Nationale de l'Apiculture Française and the Syndicat de l'Abeille Finistérienne wanted to open this European beekeeping congress by offering meetings, free of charge, and open to the general public around various events: Exhibitions - Educational activities - Screening of films - Reception of schoolchildren - Discovery of hive products - Tasting of honey, etc. (complete program under development)
- The Abbé Barthélémy 2022 Competition for the "best trick, trick or innovation": Rules
- The photography competition: "Maurice-Mary": Rules
- The International Mead Competition (beekeepers and professionals) will be online at a later date.